Sparkling Wine Sorbet
8 servings, ready in 4 hours and 30 minutes
Discover this easy, delicious this Sparkling Wine Sorbet made with SPLENDA® Low Calorie Sweetener, Granulated!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Freezing time: 4 hours
Combine SPLENDA® Granulated, sparkling wine, water and egg white.
Place in an ice cream churn and churn until frozen.
Transfer to a container and store in the freezer.
Combine the ingredients and place in a shallow metal container. Freeze until crystals appear throughout the sorbet (semi-frozen).
Scoop sorbet into a food processor and process until crystals are broken down.
Return sorbet to the metal container and refreeze until frozen, then process again.
Return to the metal container and freeze.
Serve sorbet in tall glasses.
- Any sparkling wine may be used.
- Lemon or orange juice could be used as a substitute for sparkling wine.
- When making sorbet without an ice-cream churn, the mixture must be processed to reduce the size of the ice crystals - the more times the mixture is processed, the smaller the ice crystals will be. If, after tasting the sorbet, you find that it is still icy, repeat the processing stage until the optimum result is achieved.
- Sorbet can remain in the freezer for up to 1 month, but should ideally be consumed within 2 weeks.
- It is recommended to leave the sorbet at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
- ¾ cup SPLENDA® Low Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 cup sparkling wine (alcohol free)
- 2 cups water
- 1 egg white